Friday, January 22, 2010

It's just a movie people!!!


One of the best movies I have ever seen next to E.T and the Titanic was "AVATAR". The movie's special effects and story line were both exciting and engaging. I sat there not even caring that I'd been sitting for almost three hours straight. In all honesty... when the movie ended I still wanted more. It was a Great movie!

So, this leads me to this story that I read about fans of the movie who say that the movie made them depressed because they don't live in a utopian world.


CNN reports that there have been more than 1,000 posts on the "Ways to cope with depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible" forum on a fan site. What the hell? I have to laugh at this because some people are just plain crazy. LOL

It is my opinion that there was an inbalance in place before they even saw the movie. Maybe, along with popcorn, soda and candy....concession stands should also serve PROZAC!

I remember when I was little, people would do this game called dungeons and dragons. It started as a movie but then became some kind of freaky cult game. Where people actually believed they were the characters in the film. I would not be surprised if AVATOR accrued a massive cult following as well. Movies are made for pure entertainment purposes only. Maybe, they should include a warning label on the previews...may cause you to laugh, cry, think, or feel something. Not recommended for people who are already in jeopardy of going off the deep end. Just a thought.

What do you think? Are people going to far? Comments are welcome!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

L.Renee
WTH have you been? I have missed your blog. Anyway, I agree with you. I believe these people were crazy to begin with. Many, need to stop dreaming of the life they see on screen and actually go out and get one of their own. It really was a beautiful movie!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for these people. It was just a movie but to someone who's life already sucks this could really send them over the age. After reading your post and the article you included..they infact have gone off the deep end.

Anonymous said...

WOW!

3rddeadline said...

Yeah, LRenee is back!!!

The movie was great, but not "killing myself" great! Get a grip peeps!

Leonaye said...

It was definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. I think people who are depressed after watching this suffer from "Needtogetadamnlife". I've never understood folks who can't just enjoy a friggin movie without taking it way too far.
Good post!

L. Renee' said...

LOL @ Leonaye!
I love that quote. Can I use it? LOL
I feel the same way. Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to pass it on!

@ Kellie- I know it's been a while. Wow..hard to believe 6 months has gone by so fast. But, school demands alot of time and attention. Not to mention my Addiction to FB. LOL
Thanks for the loyalty!

@ 3rd Deadline-- DITTO!

12kyle said...

Look who's back!!! I think I speak for everyone when I say that you have been missed. No need to ask where you've been b/c I know the bloggers creed...

In between posts, life happens

I haven't seen Avatar yet but I will. I think people need to see it for what it's worth...a form of entertainment. Nothing more...nothing less. It's not that serious. Death? Nah, my life is worth more than the price of admission.

Welcome back! Much love 2 u and da fam